BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
The BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management develops dynamic leaders who are looking to move to senior management roles to strengthen their leadership behaviour, effectively manage their business/business unit using sound financial management and business operations.
In this course you will focus on the following areas:
- Strategically planning and implementing an organisational strategy
- Assessing and implementing leadership styles and planning
- Promoting and managing continuous improvement and learning
- Assisting in the development of business plans and business operations
- Participating in financial management, from the preparation and analysis of responsible budgetary plans and decision making, to the development of capital investment proposals.
Total number of units = 12
4 core units plus
8 elective units
See Units listed below.
This course is particularly appropriate for those currently in or wishing to move to senior management roles.
Self-directed textbook and online learning.
Workplace: Activities and assessments to be completed in the workplace.
Trainer support as needed.
Duration: We understand that each learner has individual requirements and likes to study at their own pace. We would expect this course to take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year for completion.
- Plan for financial management
- Establish budgets and allocate funds
- Implement budgets
- Report on finances
- Identify change required and opportunities
- Develop change management strategy
- Implement change management strategy
- Communicate organisational mission and goals
- Influence groups and individuals
- Build and support teams
- Demonstrate personal and professional competence
- Develop business plan
- Monitor performance
- Respond to performance data
- legislation, regulation, standard and codes of practice
- outline internal and external sources of information relevant to the context for CSR
- community involvement and development practices
- human rights practices, labour practices, environmental practices & fair trading practices
- Confirm organisational vision and mission
- Analyse the internal and external environment
- Write strategic plan
- Implement strategic plan
- Establish risk context
- Identify risks
- Analyse risks
- Select and implement treatments
- Devise marketing strategies
- Plan marketing tactics
- Prepare and present a marketing plan
- source and analyse information for business decisions
- contribute information and the outcomes of analysis to decision making
- design, test and adjust information systems to meet needs and objectives
- management information systems and decision support systems
- Review programs, systems and processes
- Develop options for continuous improvement
- Implement innovative processes
- scope and develop organisational policies and procedures that comply with legislative requirements and support the organisation s sustainability goals
- plan and implement sustainability policy and procedures
- consult and communicate with relevant stakeholders to generate engagement with sustainability policy development, implementation and continuous improvement
- support and facilitate the implementation of a work health and safety management system (WHSMS)
- develop a WHS plan
- review and improve the WHSMS