CHC33015 Certificate III Individual Support (Disability)
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. This qualification provides a good introduction to a career in disability or aged care services and is suited to those who give personal care to others.
This qualification addresses work in the community and/or residential facilities under direct or regular supervision within clearly defined organisation guidelines and service plans. These workers:
- Carry out activities to maintain personal care and /or other activities of living for people with a disability
- Carry out activities related to an individualised plan
- Report directly to a supervisor and are not responsible for other workers.
120 hours work placement within a Community Services facility is a compulsory component of this qualification and the RTO will cover the insurance.
A Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check will be required.
- Basic understanding of the operations of Disability Work
- Ability to respond to client issues
- Provide personal care and support to clients
- First Aid Certificate
Delivery: Classroom based.
Schedule: 2 evenings per week : Tues & Wednesday
Will run 2 nights / months – fortnightly.
Time: 5.00 – 8.00pm
NOTE: there will be one full day of training from 9.30am – 4.30pm in an Simulated Workplace Observation session that is compulsory to attend, date to be advised.
Training is Delivered & Assessed by our Registered Training Organisation Partner .
1. CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
2. CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
3. CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
4. HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
5. HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
6. CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
7. CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
1. CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths–based approach
2. CHCHISS002 Support community participation and inclusion
3. CHCDIS002 Follow established person centred behaviour supports
4. CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
5. HLTAID003 Apply First Aid
6. CHCCCS021 Respond to Suspected Abuse
USI (Unique Student Identifier) Number; AQF level 3 foundation skills are essential; there are no prerequisites or mandatory entry requirements, allowing flexible entry points.
Course Entry Requirements
- Completion of Year 10 OR
- Mature age entry applicable
- L: Reading and writing skills
- L: Oral communication skills
- N: Numeracy and mathematics skills
- 120 Hours of Work Placement
- National Police Check
- Working with Childrens Check (if applicable)